March 5, 2013

What is the standard format of an Android rom?

Q. When you download a rom that you need to flash an Android phone, in what format (extension) does it come? How to use it to flash the device?

A. ROMs are zip files.

Your phone must be rooted and running a custom recovery.

Transfer the zip file to your device storage or SD card.

Boot into recovery. (this is for Clockworkmod recovery).

Wipe data, wipe cache and wipe Dalvik cache.

Next choose install zip from sdcard then select choose zip from sdcard

Navigate to where you put the zip file and select it.

Select Yes


Can I download NES roms to my android without a computer?
Q. I had no problem downloading an emulator but the roms i tried are all zip files...don't have a computer so is this possible in any way? Need my Tecmo fix. Thanks.

A. Yes, it is. If you're downloading them, and they all come out in "zip" format, then you can download an app from the market for free to unzip them.

Assuming you know how to download apps. Go to the Market, and search for "Androzip." The free version will be enough to unzip your files, and make them available to use for the emulator.


Can I make my Straight Talk Android run off Verizon towers?
Q. I recently bought a Huawei M865C with Android 2.3.6 and it doesn't work at my house (I live in the country) but my previous Straight Talk phone works just fine. Is there a way to reprogram the phone or something along those lines so I can use it at home?

A. I don't think so but if so I would deffinateky do it with my andfoid even th they just came out with two more andriods that run off the verizon towers one of which is the lg optimus zip and the other one begings with a p


Why does the straight talk website say that one of their android phones wont work in my area?
Q. The straight Talk website says that the android phones wont work in my zip code but a bunch of their other cheaper phones will. Why is that? I have had 2 other straight talk phones and they work fine where Im at.

A. Straight Talk android phones operate exclusively on the Sprint network. If you don't have a Sprint network in your city, you will not be able to purchase the Android phones. The other phones run off of AT&T and Verizon networks.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment