March 5, 2013

Is there an android ice cream sandwich update for galaxy s2?

Q. is there an android ice cream sandwich update for galaxy s2??? if there is pls indicate how could i update my phone...

A. Surely. Samsung promised to provide a planned upgrade to icecream sandwich.


How can I update my phone to Android Ice Cream Sandwich?
Q. I just got the HTC wildfire S and its currently running Gingerbread, I want to know how I can update it to Ice Cream Sandwich?

Also, how can I get Google play store instead of Android market? My friend got the same phone and hers came with Google play store, but mine still has Android market.

Thanks!

A. Settings > About Phone > SOftware Updates > Check

ICS is not out yet... IDK if it will ever come out.

Play Store should update automatically , but you can just download the APK from XDA. Google It.

If you root , you can install a custom rom which runs ICS.


How to go back to gingerbread from ice cream sandwich in xperia u?
Q. My gf had a xperia u with an android gingerbread version and she updated her android os to ice cream sandwich and her phone is slower that usual. How to return back to android ginderbread?

A.


How do you get the Ice Cream Sandwich update?
Q. I have Sprint's Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch, which is apparently going to be eligible for the Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) update sometime during the beginning of 2012. I've never had a smartphone before, so I don't know how this updating works. Will I get some type of notification on my phone, or will I have to manually update something when it becomes available? And is this update free? Thanks!

A. I'm in the same boat. Most likely it would be an OTA (over the air) update that would just show up one day as a prompt on your phone, asking if you would like to apply the update. Not unlike the firmware update that was released earlier this month to fix a couple issues. Just be careful though. Applying updates can brick (kill) the phone so it's best to backup your important contacts (sync to gmail) and other files from the phone (pics, vids, etc.) before applying any update. I read something that suggested that we should get Ice Cream Sandwich in the first half of 2012, but don't hold your breath...Sprint and Samsung are notoriously slow at releasing updates for their phones. In fact Samsung recently announced that they won't be releasing Ice Cream Sandwich for the Samsung Galaxy S, at all, which angered many who have that phone. But Samsung claimed that was based on hardware shortcomings of that phone, but the SII has much more robust hardware so it should come eventually, I hope.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment