March 12, 2013

What do I need to make applications for android phones?

Q. I already know how to program in Flash, Java, and the basics of c++. I was looking for an internship for the summer, and failed. So I thought I would teach myself how to make applications for the android phones. So what do I need to get started?
Ok thanks jaffamol. I am downloading eclipse now. Before I was using JGrasp as a IDE(for java).

A. You will need:

Java Development Kit (and JRE, which most people have anyway) : http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Android SDK : http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

The best IDE EVER! Eclipse : http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/galileo/SR2/eclipse-java-galileo-SR2-win32.zip

ADT plugin for Eclipse : http://developer.android.com/sdk/eclipse-adt.html

That's what you need to get started, this will give you an IDE to develop in and emulators to test with.

Get started with a guide to Android development : http://developer.android.com/guide/index.html

-------------------------------------------------------------
No problem, I find Eclipse much better than anything else, and it's recommended for Android development. You could use other IDE's but Android has a plugin for Eclipse which will give you things like, intellisense, easily debug applications in the emulator, easily export unsigned and signed applications, easily view all threads, memory and all that lovely stuff.


What does it take to make a smartphone APP?
Q. Like apps for iPhone and Android. What knowldge do I need to have to make a quality app? Do different apps use different programming languages or is it all standard? How long would it take before I can make a good app?

A. To make a smartphone app, you firstly need a IDE (Integrated Debugging Environment). Like, to name few, there are: Eclipse, Carbide C++, etc. If you wish to develop you application program in Java, you need to have the JDK7u4.

Then get the SDK (Software Development Kit) for which you want to develop the apps. Like, the Android-SDK for developing the android app. Next thing is that, you will have to be good at your programming skills.

Once you get the proper IDE then download the SDK and run it. Select the option to integrate with the existing IDE.

The rest is self-explanatory. To know more, you can refer to my blog. I have shared the link.


how can I learn android application programming?
Q. I am not a programmer, but I used to play around with QuickBasic, FORTRAN, Pascal and I love to Learn application development on android?

I have seen app inventor but I think it is not powerful tool.

A. Go to

http://developer.android.com/index.html

Download the SDK / ADT Bundle - this is the IDE and an emulator for you to be able to develop an Android app.

Then check out the samples from the same website.


where can I find a tutorial on making Android applications?
Q. I just wrote my first program for a Android application on the Android 4.0.3 platform with an Intellij Idea 11 IDE and it was from the one tutorial i can find and now I'm hooked and want to find more tutorials ether in book form or preferably some video tuts
also what programming languages am I targeting - I know there's a little bit of java & xml but is actionscript in here to?
Please help.

A. I would recommend going to The New Boston website it has a ton of tutorials in video format. Including 200 on android application building I believe it will target java programming.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment