March 11, 2013

How can you start using an alternate keyboard app in Android Jelly Bean?

Q. I don't like the default keyboard on my Galaxy Nexus phone, so I am trying to make use of some alternates which I have used before while running Android Gingerbread. I have already install these, and selected them under the Settings Language and Input. While running Gingerbread, I recall that I long-pressed the text area while trying to edit something, or I think that's what I had to do to get the selection menu for the keyboards which were installed and enabled in the Settings. There was a popup menu called "Input Method". Problem is I'm not getting that menu when I do that in Jelly Bean. How then can I start using my preferred keyboard in this ostensibly sweet system?

A. I just bought one on the google playstore,
SwiftKey 4, (it's in editor's choice and all that) for $1.99.

It is kinda sucky right now, (but just because I am not quite used to it. Sorta like T9 on the old phones. It sucks real bad until you figure it out, then it's great)

but I am starting to get the hang of it... You can then change it in your settings

When you start typing (like in a text message), at least on my phone, something on my notification board pops up.

It looks like a little keyboard, Anyway, bring down notification bar, and there should be a "Choose Input Method" choice there,
Select it, then your keyboard.

Sorry if this is wordy.


Is it possible to uninstall an Android software update after you update?
Q. I have an HTC Inspire 4G, and I was wondering, if I don't like the update to Android Gingerbread from Android Froyo (2.2), if I could possibly go back to my original Android software (2.2). Also, does Android save all the contacts, even if they are stored on the phone, to my google account?

A. You should be able to go in to recovery mode and restore the backed up ROM that was on the phone before the update. Just read your manual on how to boot into the recovery mode or find your phone's forum posts on XDA or CyanogenMod and see how it's done.

Xda
http://forum.xda-developers.com/

CyanogenMod
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/


what's the difference between gingerbread, ice cream sandwich and honeycomb?
Q. the android operating systems, not food...

I hear that an android gingerbread is will be ported to the HP touchpad. I figure the other food groups are upgrades from gingerbread, wanna know what makes them more advance/other features?

A. All I know is that ice cream sandwich is the most recent.


How to take screenshots on Android phones?
Q. Okay so I have a Samsung Galaxy S Blaze which runs on the Android gingerbread system. I know there is a way to screenshot pics because I've done it by mistake about 3 times. The pictures have even saved in my gallery to an album called "screenshots". So if anyone knows exactly how to do it I would love to hear it. Thanks.

A. I have the same phone and did the same thing but I figured it out. Hold the home button and push the lock button. You have to do it quickly though if you want to capture the screen only and not the little shortcut window.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment