March 1, 2013

What android app to track your running log?

Q. I am not looking for anything fancy. I don't need a GPS app. I am only wanting an app to track my running miles and maybe times. The past several years I have kept a monthly and yearly totals. I am only looking for an android app that will keep something like that for me. If it could also keep some time details that would be OK, but the main goal is the monthly and yearly total.

This year I ran/walked 1000 miles so far. I get tired of using a calendar and pens.

Do you know of an app that does that?

A. Nike + Running or
Runkeeper or
MapMyRun

I like Nike best


GPS Android App - I want to walk through the woods is there an app that will LEAD ME BACK?
Q. I am searching for an Android App that will allow me to set a starting point (as to where I actually want to be lead back to when I am ready)...

I would like this app to simply keep up with the path that I take and remember so that I can make it back when ready to turn around.

It would also be neat if it would also offer me a "shortest distance" or route from my selected starting point to the ending point that I have established (can't establish the ending point until i get in the woods to where I want to be at)

So if I am looking for a particular spot or exact location - I would like to walk there and set this as the ending point.

Any such Android App available?

A. Maverick: GPS Navigation
BackCountry Navigator PRO GPS
Backpacker GPS Trails Lite
Trimble Outdoors Navigator Pro
Gaia GPS

thousands of others


What android GPS app would be good to use for Geocaching?
Q. I have just joined the Geocaching website. I have a samsung captivate android 2.2 firmware version. I need to know of applications that have a gps that allows you to type in the coordinates numbers, that allow you to play the game. Any suggestions on an easy use app?
Thanks in Advance.

A. First of all, when you say "the Geocaching website" I'm going to assume you mean Geocaching.com...

The official Geocaching app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.groundspeak.geocaching seems to be the best one out there, but it costs $10.

I use "c:geo - opensource" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cgeo.geocaching and it works reasonably well, but sometimes the caches don't show up in the exact right spot on the map... but when that happens at least it shows you that the location may be off (circles it in orange). And there's also a workaround for the issue, so it's not that big of a deal. Bottom line: this app will be fine if you want to save money, but if you don't mind the $10, the official app is better.

The OpenCaching app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garmin.android.apps.opencache looks pretty good, but it's only for OpenCaching.com


What is the most accurate gps tracker app on the android market?
Q. I'm looking for a gps tracker app that can do "live" tracking between friends. I also need it to be as accurate as possible. Latitude isn't accurate enough (sometimes its miles off). Any suggestions?

A. Any of them really. Accuracy is totally dependant on how well GPS is received, and no app can receive GPS better than any other.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment