March 8, 2013

How can i control my desktop with my laptop like a tv remote?

Q. I can use my Androids mobile phone as a remote control for my desktop using software called " Gmote " and i was wondering if i can do the same thing with my laptop. Gmote accesses my desktop through a server i set up on my desktop. i can then use the touch screen on my phone as a mouse control with right and left click. i should be able to do this with my laptop right? How?

A. VNC, LogMeIn, etc, or even just using Remote Desktop Protocol (if both are windows).


What is the best inexpensive tablet for remote desktop?
Q. I'm looking for something decent and cost effective like an Android that's big enough for a solid RDP terminal for IT use.

A. Since RDP seems to be best implemented by Windows I would suggest a Windows based tablet. Unfortunately they're not cheap. Here's an example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157735

I do not endorse the vendor in the above link -- it is just an example. BTW that particular site has several brands of Windows tablets. Check them all out.


I want to control my MacBook remotely with my netbook, how do?
Q. Im assuming I need some remote desktop thing, but I have no clue how to do that or what program I would need. I can pick it super fast if someone will point me in the right direction I've just never done it. Thx in advance!

A. I use logmein, check out logmein.com! It is free and if you have android iPhone or iPad you can also connect from your mobile device!

Just install lmi on the computer you want to CONNECT TO and go to logmein.com and sign in on the computer you want to CONNECT FROM, and it should be smooth sailing from there!


Is there anyway to remotely view a computer's screen on an Android device?
Q. I don't want to have the Android device connected to the computer while viewing the screen, which is the only free way I've found. I also want to clarify that I want to view the computers screen on an Android device, not the other way around. Is there any free program to do this? I've only found programs to remotely control a computer, but it doesn't let you see the screen. Any program suggestions are appreciated!

A. try this app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile

you can also search in the market for "remote desktop" but not all let you actually see the destop and many are not free.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment