March 7, 2013

How to install new apps in Android SDK?

Q. I use Android SDK "Sony Ericson EDK" So how do i install new apps in this SDK?

A. Sounds like you mean the Android Emulator, not the Android SDK (two separate things completely)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/21862/how-to-enable-the-android-market-in-the-google-android-emulator/

---
Kasey C, PC guru since Apple II days
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.


How do you know which classes to use in the API reference when developing android apps?
Q. I am just starting to developed android apps. I have installed the android SDK. I'm just confused on how to understand the reference documentation when it come to choosing the different classes when building an app. Can some explain to me how to use the documentation? Thanks

A. I took a class last semester on developing android apps. They have good tutorials on their website to get you started. http://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/index.html I find it difficult and frustrating to actually go through the APIs and try to piece it all together. I think you're better off going through as many tutorials as possible and see how others use specific classes. From experience, android has a lot of random lines of code that are needed to get things to work and it is in no way self explanatory unless you are an expert. The link I provided should get you on the right path though. Programming android is actually fairly easy though.


How do I go about making Android Java Applications?
Q. I have the Android SDK and I know very little Java, but I have spare time and would like to mess around, how do I make the applications and then install them in the virtual machine of Android running?

A. Everything you need

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

You might need to download Eclipse.


Should i learn to code iPhone apps or Android apps first?
Q. I have no coding experience, and have a mac so i can learn xcode, and android sdk. The only factors are the ease of learning the platform, and language. Thanks!

A. I would personally go for Android as there is a massive user base and not as many good apps out there at the moment.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment