March 13, 2013

Do any of the battery saver apps really work?

Q. I just got the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I was wondering if any of the battery saver apps really work and if so which is the best? Thanks for your help.

A. Most of them are bull****. Most are just fancy-looking task killers (which are NOT needed) combined with a easy-settings (turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.) screen.

There are only a few "real" ways to save power

1) smarter screen brightness timeout -- your screen takes up like 50% or so power. Apps like Screebl takes your phone's orientation into account so if the phone's face down it'll timeout immediately.

2) smarter timeout of WiFi, 3G, and so on -- Juice Defender will disable WiFi, 3G, and so on based on schedule, app, and so on. The free version doesn't have advanced settings. The full version will let you go down to specific app (this app will turn on 3G, that app won't...)

This is my little explanation on what you need to do to save power, and whether these apps work.

http://kschang.hubpages.com/hub/Review-of-Battery-Saving-Apps-for-Motorola-Droid-and-Android-2x-devices


What happened to the vibration of my Android Y?
Q. Whenever I saved images on my Android Y, it would vibrate. Like for example, when I hold down on the image, it would vibrate as the options of what you could do to the image pops up. Now, it doesn't. I have a feeling it's because of my battery saver thing, but yeah - how do I get it back to vibrate again? Weird question, but it would be great if you could answer this. Thank you! :)

A. IT DOES THAT. CONTACT THE ANDROID SUPPORT


What is the chance of bricking your android?
Q. I am thinking about rooting my phone but I am afraid that it will get bricked. All I'm will use it for is the really get some of the apps off the market like battery saver stuff. But how many people actually brick there phone and if I did would there be any way to fix it

A. you can side load apps with out rooting your device.. just click allow install from unknown sources then download the APK file for the app you want from a site like http://www.handango.com/Home.jsp?siteId=2218


What would be the best battery saver app for the android?
Q. The android has such a short battery life span in my opinion and i need an app that will really work.

A.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment