December 29, 2012

how to revert an android phone from factory reset?

Q. My Motorola Atrix need a factory reset to install an update, unfortunately i was unable to receive my update and I erased my system data. So all my apps are gone and I am screwed. My device wasn't rooted, I think I am going to kill myself if this doesn't get resolved.

A. Any apps you downloaded should still be in your My Apps list, so you can re-download them at no charge. I had the same issue and that's what I was able to do.

BTW, you shouldn't need to do a factory reset to install an update. That sounds problematic...

Hopefully, you stored any pics and such to your SD card.


What to do before factory resetting my phone?
Q. I use an HTC G1 running Android. My phone has become really slow and many functions have not been working. It also freezes at times. One of the best ways to fix a phone is by factory resetting it. I need to know what I should do before doing this. I know one thing is backing-up my applications. What else should I do to keep it as close as possible as it is now AFTER I factory reset it?

A. Make sure you know your Gmail login info, and make sure all your contacts, etc. are synced to it before you do the wipe


How to factory reset motorola cliq 2 when locked?
Q. How do you factory reset a Motorola Cliq 2 with it being locked?
I dont know the motoblur login or anything.
Long story short I have had this phone for a month some drunk girl I dropped off left it in my car. Never called me back. Therefore I have no clue how to get it to her. So I figured I'd use it for now!

A. 1. Power off the phone, press and hold "x" key on the keyboard, then press the power button.

2. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then release the "x" key

3. Press the "@" key to bring up recovery menu

4. Use Navigation Keys (left/right) to select �wipe data/factory reset" and press the
Enter/Rtn key

5. Navigate on-screen menu to select �Reboot System Now� and press Enter/Rtn key

6. Wait for device to reboot

7. Login in with your credentials


How do I save contacts to my Android phone, not my gmail account?
Q. I just had to factory reset my Android phone. Prior to resetting the phone, I had the ability to choose to save contacts to the phone as opposed to syncing them to my gmail account.

Since resetting the phone and adding my gmail account I haven't had the option to save to my phone. How do I make my phone give me the option to save to the phone so I don't have to save to my Gmail account?

Thanks for your help.

A.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment