December 24, 2012

How do I develop Android Apps in DrJava?

Q. I'm using DrJava, not Eclipse, as my Java IDE. I've downloaded the Android SDK, but I'm not sure how to add the files to drJava, or how to run it. If anyone knows, could you please answer? I'm not looking for the answer Switch to Eclipse, I'd much rather stay with this.

Thanks!

A. download jbed.apk, it may help


What would be the first steps to creating an application for an Android Operating Phone?
Q. Is it possible to sell or distribute through the Android Market?
Thanks Ben I am Downloading !!!!

A. Yes it is possible to sell your personal apps through the Android market. The first thing you have to do is download the Android SDK and the eclipse IDE. Then, you can mess around with Android's customized version of Java for a while. Once you have your program written, you can set up an account with Google and submit it to the Android marketplace. There are links to the marketplace from the SDK website.


I'm a physicist and want to learn programming. Which language should I learn?
Q. I want a multi-platform language, that is strong (can build small as well as big applications) and can even be used for portable platforms (like Android). I have only some limited experience with Matlab. Which language do you recommend as a starting point?

A. I believe the 'natural' language of Android is Java. It's a good, modern, portable language. Also, Java is the standard language for the Eclipse IDE (Integrated development environment), which is totally free and has good support.

To be honest though, once you've learnt one object-orientated language, it's relatively easy to learn another one.


Where is the tools directory for NetBeans stored in Ubuntu?
Q. I'm trying to create software for my Android phone and need to create an AVD, and to do so I need to find the Tools directory for my IDE. The problem is I have no clue where NetBeans stores it's tools folder. Where can I find it?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A. Did you use Synaptic? I don't like where the default java goes into
/home/usr/share

So, consider this. I do let Synaptic install its version of Sun java (or Oracle) where it wants to. That way I can use the Terminal to javac and java and javadoc. Also, java plug-in works in Firefox.

For code, I download the NetBeans/java bundle and install that to a folder in my /home folder. In home (username)I have
jdk1.6.0_22
java_libraries
netbeans-6.9.1
NetBeansProjects


So that I can add and take out files, images, code, libraries, plug-ins and select the tools I want. If you were set up that way, you would find nebeans-6.9.1/avd/android

But in the Synaptic, you have to be sudo (administrator) to make any modifications in /home/usr/share

good luck, Android is what I promised myself, but I keep finding java code to do.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment