December 26, 2012

can you download the android market on non-android phones?

Q. I am planning on buying this really awesome phone. But it is not an android phone. I want to know if I can download the android market into it maybe via a microsd card. Is this possible, if so how?

A. Unfortunately, no. For starters, Android Market is designed for Android phones. Therefore, it has to be an Android phone to work. Second of all, the Android Market installer itself is a .apk file which only Android phones can execute. Other phones can't execute these type of files.

What phone are you getting?


How do I install apps I got from utorrent onto my android phone?
Q. I have a few android apps I downloaded on utorrent on my laptop but I do not know how to put them into my android and get them to work. Any help would be great.

A. The easiest way would be to download directly the torrent to your Android device, if this is not an option you can use:

~~ WebSharingLite File/Media Sync ~~
Description: [...] WebSharing lets you transfer files over Wi-Fi between your phone and computer. [...]
Rating: �����
Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.websharing
How-to: http://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-download-any-apk-to-your-computer-62153/


How can I download Android apps from my computer to phone?
Q. When I go to the Android apps site and try to download an app it tells me I don't have any smart phones linked to my E-mail address.... How can I get apps for my phone with out having to use internet on my phone?

A. to download apps from android market you need a google account & have it linked to your phone.
one other way is to download from another app site to you pc & then side load onto your phone.
some places like 4shared, approb or androidfreeware.net will allow you to download to your pc just as you would any other file. android apps will have ".apk" at the end of the app name, like "madden11.apk"
just drag & drop the downloaded file to the root folder of your phone. if you dont know how to side load or install from your sd card using a file manager i suggest you look here http://restlesstech.com/sideloading-android-apps-for-dummies/ for help


How to add an android kyros tablet to my android market account?
Q. Everytime i try to get an app from the android market it tells me i have to add a device to my account but i can't figure out how to do it.

A. Go to your tablet

Make sure it has access to the Android market. If not, you may need to somehow get Market installed on the device (maybe through ROMS or an APK file. You will need to look on the XDA forums).

Sign in with your Google account (on the tablet)

Your device will automatically register itself with your Google Market account.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment