December 27, 2012

How do I put contacts from my computer onto my android phone?

Q. I lost all my contacts on my android phone and I want to put them in a program on my computer and then sync them to my HTC phone? Can anyone help?

A. Android is tied directly to Google applications. When you logged on to the phone the first time to set it up, you had to use a Google account, remember?

Go to your Google mail account on line, import or update all your contacts, and that's it. They will automatically be synced over the data connection to the phone. Any changes you make on the phone or the online account will sync with the other automatically.

This also occurs with Google mail and calendars.


What android GPS app would be good to use for Geocaching?
Q. I have just joined the Geocaching website. I have a samsung captivate android 2.2 firmware version. I need to know of applications that have a gps that allows you to type in the coordinates numbers, that allow you to play the game. Any suggestions on an easy use app?
Thanks in Advance.

A. First of all, when you say "the Geocaching website" I'm going to assume you mean Geocaching.com...

The official Geocaching app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.groundspeak.geocaching seems to be the best one out there, but it costs $10.

I use "c:geo - opensource" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cgeo.geocaching and it works reasonably well, but sometimes the caches don't show up in the exact right spot on the map... but when that happens at least it shows you that the location may be off (circles it in orange). And there's also a workaround for the issue, so it's not that big of a deal. Bottom line: this app will be fine if you want to save money, but if you don't mind the $10, the official app is better.

The OpenCaching app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garmin.android.apps.opencache looks pretty good, but it's only for OpenCaching.com


Are emoticons supposed to be animated in the Android version of Yahoo Messenger?
Q. I am using V1.4 of the Android Yahoo Messenger on an HTC EVO and my emoticons are not animated. Is this by design?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the they still do not move...and yes I do know that not all of them are supposed to be animated.

Thanks!

A. Yahoo has some secret emotes for it's on line messenger and I suppose the same is true on Android.

But your best bet would be to go to Android on line or maybe even your Owner's Manual for this info:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv3-tyc8&type=&p=Android%20on%20line


What kind of Android phone uses SIM cards?
Q. I am planning to buy a Android phone in Canada, and so im wondering which droid phone would be the best to use for international travel, OR for China? Any specific carriers? Does Roger have any?
Thankyouu (:

A. I went to Hong Kong, China last November for an assignment for 2 months. What I did, I bought a Sony Ericson Xperia online, open line and bought a SIM when I arrived in Hong Kong. Their carrier charge differently for international calls so you need to choose the right one. I can also send emails using my phone if it is connected to the Wi-fi and it is free. Let me share to you the site where I got my phone in case you want to check it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment