January 16, 2013

What android GPS app would be good to use for Geocaching?

Q. I have just joined the Geocaching website. I have a samsung captivate android 2.2 firmware version. I need to know of applications that have a gps that allows you to type in the coordinates numbers, that allow you to play the game. Any suggestions on an easy use app?
Thanks in Advance.

A. First of all, when you say "the Geocaching website" I'm going to assume you mean Geocaching.com...

The official Geocaching app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.groundspeak.geocaching seems to be the best one out there, but it costs $10.

I use "c:geo - opensource" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cgeo.geocaching and it works reasonably well, but sometimes the caches don't show up in the exact right spot on the map... but when that happens at least it shows you that the location may be off (circles it in orange). And there's also a workaround for the issue, so it's not that big of a deal. Bottom line: this app will be fine if you want to save money, but if you don't mind the $10, the official app is better.

The OpenCaching app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garmin.android.apps.opencache looks pretty good, but it's only for OpenCaching.com


Are emoticons supposed to be animated in the Android version of Yahoo Messenger?
Q. I am using V1.4 of the Android Yahoo Messenger on an HTC EVO and my emoticons are not animated. Is this by design?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the they still do not move...and yes I do know that not all of them are supposed to be animated.

Thanks!

A. Yahoo has some secret emotes for it's on line messenger and I suppose the same is true on Android.

But your best bet would be to go to Android on line or maybe even your Owner's Manual for this info:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv3-tyc8&type=&p=Android%20on%20line


What time should i get in line on black friday 2011 at best buy?
Q. Hey I am trying to get a tablet on black friday. I did my research and i decided i was going to get Toshiba Thrive on Black Friday. I am probably going to get this but wanted to see what the sale on ipad will be. Hey but would not be mad if i got the thrive. So i was wondering what time should i get in line to buy Thrive. Opens at midnight. I live in Fairfield, CA so please tell me your suggestions.

A. Android tablets suckass, you're making a mistake. Go try one out at Best Buy. Laggiest pieces of shit in the universe.


How do you set mobile network on an android tablet?
Q. I got the new Android Tablet The Nextbook for christmas and i added skype but everytime i try to video chat it say mobile network not avaliable. I have wireless internet and a camera on it i looked on every site on the internet and found nothing i need help so how do i fix this or get a mobile network?

A. Hmmm. That's strange. When the Android tablet boots up, is it able to connect to the internet? If it can, then try to reinstall or uninstall Skype. Afterwards, reinstall it, give it a fresh boot and it should work.

If it still doesn't work, ring the support line for more help.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment