January 31, 2013

How can I get my iPad map to show the zip code?

Q. I know that it will show it if I search by it. But if I search for a location, or pinpoint a spot on the map, it will give me everything about the address accept for the zip code.
I know there are other apps and ways of finding the zip code, but I dont' want to have to use two different sources.
Is there some way I can make my ipad give me the zip code for the points on the map?
...the default map app.

A. Get a droid tab :) LOL - sorry, Monica I couldn't resist. On the android market there is an app that let's you pinpoint long. / lat., minutes / second, +/- GMT calc and zip and I think even country code and prefix info based on GPS ... apple market doesn't have it? I'm sure it would help if I had the name.


Is it possible to download movies from xbox live and upload them to my android phone?
Q. Well im thinking how someone would go about doing this is first by downloading the movie off of zune (DURRR) and then maybe putting it on a zip/jump/flash drive, whatever you want to call it, and then after that put it on my droid. Or is it possible to skip the computer part and just upload it directly to my phone? Is this possible at all or do i need some special app/phone?

A. NO you cant...


Is there an Android app that will help me open zip files on my tablet?
Q. The zip files are on a MicroSD Card. I can see them but not open them. I don't have access to a computer right now.
Astro won't do it. I have Astro.

A. File Expert, Its free without any adds. It is also root file explorer,NFC support,zip/rar support etc. Check out the link for more features


How can I use the internet to upload and edit files from both work and home?
Q. Tired of buying and losing zip drives...
I want to upload documents,pictures and videos from home, access and edit them from work, re-upload them from work, to re-access from home?
I like Just Cloud, but it seems like I'll be able to access files from work but not re-upload files that I edited.
I know I can remote access my computer from home but I want all the options of remote access with online backup-storage.
Any options?

A. 2 suggestions
Dropbox and Google Docs

Dropbox is a free document cloud service (2gb). It allows you to upload files via a folder on your computer, and you don't need to go to the site. If you set it up on 2 computers, you should be able to...
save a file from your home computer to dropbox.
Open it a work. Edit and resave.
Have it there at home.

Only problem with this setup is you need to re-open/download the file. Dropbox does not allow for editing a document concurrently on two computers. However, its still great for Cloud files and easy access from several locations. Dropbox also has an App for iPhone, and iPad(probably android too, but i'm not sure)

Google docs is a free cloud service (5gb). It also allows you to upload files via a folder. Most Cloud programs do these days. The biggest feature is the ability to edit a document by multiple computers simultaneously-this is a great feature for group documents, as everyone can edit at the same time on the same, web based document. https://www.google.com/intl/en_US/drive/start/index.html

Hope this helps





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment