January 24, 2013

Do you need to know Java before starting Android programming?

Q. Right now I am learning Actionscript 3 with Flex/Flash , however I purchased a book about Android mobile programming(google) do I really need to know Java before starting Android Develop?
I was looking at some Android code, Of course I was not familiar with the syntax of it but I could understand the code.

A. ActionScript kinda gives you Objects, but does not require Objects. The Timeline is a crutch that chunks your proceedural code efforts.

Java, on the other hand, makes Objects mandatory to get anything done. After that, Android is much like Google Web Toolkit. Your java is then morphed into Android to run.

I would suggest the NetBeans IDE, add the Android plug-in. You get an emulator and a code syntax checker. Get a good book on Android.


How do I develop Android Apps in DrJava?
Q. I'm using DrJava, not Eclipse, as my Java IDE. I've downloaded the Android SDK, but I'm not sure how to add the files to drJava, or how to run it. If anyone knows, could you please answer? I'm not looking for the answer Switch to Eclipse, I'd much rather stay with this.

Thanks!

A. download jbed.apk, it may help


What would be the first steps to creating an application for an Android Operating Phone?
Q. Is it possible to sell or distribute through the Android Market?
Thanks Ben I am Downloading !!!!

A. Yes it is possible to sell your personal apps through the Android market. The first thing you have to do is download the Android SDK and the eclipse IDE. Then, you can mess around with Android's customized version of Java for a while. Once you have your program written, you can set up an account with Google and submit it to the Android marketplace. There are links to the marketplace from the SDK website.


I'm a physicist and want to learn programming. Which language should I learn?
Q. I want a multi-platform language, that is strong (can build small as well as big applications) and can even be used for portable platforms (like Android). I have only some limited experience with Matlab. Which language do you recommend as a starting point?

A. I believe the 'natural' language of Android is Java. It's a good, modern, portable language. Also, Java is the standard language for the Eclipse IDE (Integrated development environment), which is totally free and has good support.

To be honest though, once you've learnt one object-orientated language, it's relatively easy to learn another one.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment