January 9, 2013

How come my internet browser on the droid incredible does not work?

Q. My internet browser on my droid incredible does not work. I have unlimited web, so it does not mean i used up all the minutes. Every time i open up my internet browser, this message pops up: The application Internet (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

A. Check the APN settings.
Restart the phone.
If all else fails then call Verizon.


Whats the best browser for an android phone?
Q. I use the HTC wildfire, I've tried the opera browser but the url bar doesn't dissappear like it does in the default android browser. What other ones can I try?

A. Here's a complete article on Android browsers.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/206278/battle_of_the_android_browsers.html

Skyfire and Dolphin HD are two prominent alternatives but you'll have to decide based upon the results whether they're right for you. It depends what you do when browsing.


Can an android tablet be a substitute for a laptop?
Q. I was wondering if an Android tablet would be a viable substitute for a laptop? I take a couple of online classes at my college and was wondering if the the Android browser would support a school website.

A. This depends on what you are wanting to use it for. The default browser most likely will not support your schools site but that is not that big of a deal. I would recommend Skyfire for browsing that mimics that of a desktop. As for browsing the schools site the tablet will work fine. Uploading pictures and papers is easier from a tablet than from a laptop in my opinion. However you would not want to use a tablet to compose a paper, or type any lengthy document. So if you want this to replace your desktop you will want an add-on keyboard. (I prefer a bluetooth keyboard so it does not have to be physically tethered to the tablet)


Does Google run a moderated discussion/help/suggestion forum for the Android operating system?
Q. While overall I really like the OS, I want to voice my displeasure that tasks aren't integrated into the calendar. Yes, I know you can access your tasks from the Google Android browser, but that's a kludge. Since tasks can be assigned a date and are then displayed on that date on the calendar, they should also appear that way on the 'droid calendar app but they don't.

A. This may be what you're looking for: http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?pli=1





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment