November 27, 2012

What is the difference between a feature phone and a smart phone?

Q. I know some are obvious like the iPhone and Android, but some lines are less clear to me. What the real determining difference?

A. Feature phones are simply everyday phones, calling, texting, and very light internet usage. Smartphones are mainly for heavy internet usage and e-mail.


How to send pictures to an android boost mobile phone from a text free app?
Q. My mom has an android phone, it's a Verizon phone but contracted with boost mobile. I on the other hand am using a text free app. And when I want to send her pictures I get a text that it didn't go through. I can send pictures to everyone except for her. Help? This is the text I get : Message could not be delivered to mobile.
Error: No valid recipients for this MM.

A. Hi,

There could be an issue with either:

1) the internet settings in your mother's mobile phone

That is provided that she has subscribed to a phone line with internet data plan. Then just go into Settings, Mobile Internet Data (or a similar named function), switch it to "ON".

She should be able to receive your pictures there after. Take note, though, that data traffic incurs charges, so best check if her plan includes any data entitlement, to prevent paying a hefty bill.

2) Her phone line is not bundled with a data plan

If that is the case, then you may want to consider whether to add a data plan for her to receive your pictures.

3) If both of you are using the same type or brand of phones...

And she is within the vicinity, just send the files to her via the bluetooth function.

4) Consider other methods, like email.

5) Last resort...

If all else fails, just mail her the pictures then.

Hope this helps. I hope your Mom gets those pics somehow. :)


How do I get an android app to bypass a schools website block?
Q. So I use an android application called Pinger or TextFree, since I use the schools Wi-Fi on my phone, I want to use pinger, but the school takes my application as a social media so my app tells me the Wi-Fi is off when it's not. How do I get my app to bypass the block? Also Im not rooted.

A. There are more technologically-inclined, you can set up your own proxy server using a running computer connected to the internet.
By using those proxy setting you can by pass any blocked website.
We got many online line proxy sites and and also software.


What cell phone carrier has the best unlimited monthly plan for Android phones?
Q. I am shopping for and android phone and I want to know who has the best unlimited plan for around $50/mo. I am looking for unlimited talk, text, web, and data.

A. id say sprint but i have verizon....droid 2 global 2gb data a month 1400 mins shared with family and unlimeted txt for just 40 dollars for my line





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment