November 26, 2012

How do you un-zip an android phone?

Q. I'm trying to download a gba game onto my phone, but it won't let me play cause it has a zip file. I have the app Androzip but i don't know how to use it. Please help!

A. What do you mean if you mean when you download it on your Android it's a ZIP File then Simple solution Un-Zip it on your Computer upload it to a file Sharer like MediaFire.com then download your uploaded GBA ROM.


How to extract files through an Android phone?
Q. I want to extract a nds rom from .zip format to .nds format and appli2tion needed or something. Plz help

A.


Can I upgrade the Android OS on a phone?
Q. If I buy an Android phone, can I upgrade the version of the Android OS later or am I stuck with the old version? Is the version of the OS dependent on the hardware of the phone?

A. It depends on the phone and service provider. The service provider sends the updates. Now there are some phones that you can root and update via a custom ROM or a leaked OS zip. Rooting your phone can lead to bricking your phone if you do not know what you are doing so always read up on it. I suggest going to droidforums and read some information there.


How do i set up the Android SDK?
Q. Hi, I want to start developing apps on the Google Android platform but I do not know how to set the SDK up. Can anyone give me a step-by-step guide?

A. After downloading the SDK, unpack the .zip archive to a suitable location on your machine. By default, the SDK files are unpacked into a directory named android_sdk_<platform>_<release>_<build>. The directory contains a link to a local copy of the documentation and the subdirectories tools/, samples/, and others.

Make a note of the name and location of the unpacked SDK directory on your system � you will need to refer to the SDK directory later, when setting up the Android plugin or using SDK tools.

Optionally, you can add the path to the SDK tools directory to your path. As mentioned above, the tools/ directory is located in the SDK directory.

In the home directory locate the .bash_profile and locating the PATH variable add the location to your $SDK_ROOT/tools folder.

Adding tools to your path lets you run Android Debug Bridge (adb) and the other command line tools without needing to supply the full path to the tools directory. Note that, if you update your SDK, you should remember to update your PATH settings to point to the new location, if different.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment