November 23, 2012

How do I add android smileys to my phone?

Q. On my HTC REZOUND I have the option to add android smileys to text messages, I would like to add more android to my phone even if it means jailbreaking it.

A. No, you can't "add smileys"

When you add an emoticon to a message, all it does is insert something like this: ":-)". If it is showing up as a yellow face, or an androidy-looking face, or anything else other than ":-)" then it is just because that is how your software is interpreting it. It could look different depending on your manufacturer's android skin (HTC Sense, in your case) or if you are perhaps using a 3rd party messaging app like Handcent or Go SMS Pro, but that is all on your end. It is getting sent to the other person just as the text ":-)" and their software may interpret it entirely differently, or not at all.

Sidenote: There is no such thing as "Jailbreaking" on Android. It is called "rooting" because you are attaining root access on the device. "Jailbreaking" is an iOS thing (which is still technically "rooting," they just call it "Jailbreaking" because iOS is locked down like a prison)


Is there a way I can get my android too support Emoji?
Q. I have an HTC Thunderbolt & I was wondering if there was a way you could get emoji support for an android device. I have "Emoji codec & Emoji keyboard" Which allows you too use emoji via txt, twitter or whatever, but I was looking for a way for android to be able to recognize them & display them so you can actually see the characters instead of little blocks or Japanese symbols.

A. Emoji ARE Japanese symbols. But you want the little graphical smiley faces instead?

I use handcent SMS - it'll show emoticons in texts.


How do you remove a photo emoticon you created on an samsung gravity android phone?
Q. I created a photo emoticon so that when if i do -_0 it would send a photo emoticon I created, however, I do not want it anymore and I have no idea how to delete it from emoticons list so that it stops sending that picture. please help!!

A. Hi Dandelion,

I have the same problem and have have been unable to find out how to delete one that was created on my gravity.

However, I did figure out that if you create a new one with the same name and the same text you can replace the picture with different one.

A friend I let borrow my phone created an emoticon with an inappropriate picture and I was desperate to delete it, but replacing the picture he used will work for now, at least until I can get an answer from Samsung.

Hope this helps.


How do I turn off emoticons on my Samsung Sidekick 4G?
Q. I dislike the emoticons on my Samsung Sidekick 4G Universal Composer very, very, very, much. I just, don't like the android smilies. I want the ASCII art smilies visible, and none of the weird crap. How do I turn off those smilies?

A.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment