November 25, 2012

Is there an Android App that tells you how fast you go?

Q. I am a snowboarder and what to know how fast I am going down the hill, is there an app for that?

A. Ulysse Speedometer

*Speed Edge GPS Speedometer
High-accuracy* GPS-based speedometer that is shows real speed of your car in mph, km/h or knots. And for each speed unit you can define individual gauge range.
� Average Speedometer.
Tap Compass for switch to Average Speedometer, long press resets Average Speedometer for new measurement
� GPS Altitude.
Reports altitude, measured by phone�s GPS
� Log different trip parameters
Display time and distance for current trip, accumulated time and distance for all today trips, yesterday, last week and last month


What is the best android app for gps tracking?
Q. I want to save my camp location in the woods, then use an app that will point an arrow to the location and give me the distance.

A. Try Google Maps or Google Latitude.


Android app to recover or track/ lock my phone if stolen?
Q. What is a good antitheft android app to use, please only recommend ones you have tried and they work. A bit pointless if it doesn't pull it's wait in the worst event.
I want an app that doesn't drain out my battery
Free or cheap
won't download adds
will properly track my phone at any distant
* Must be able to lock my phone remotely by SMS, even if the theft removes the SIM

Thanks for the advice in advance!

A. I used mobilespy for my kid's android:
http://www.monitoring-softwares.com/phone-monitoring-software.html
it can help locate the gps and remotely lock the phone.


How does the app for android mob phone called foursquare work please?
Q. I just cannot get my head around it. And does it run of gps or internet? How do you upload the activity's to facebook? I know if I click the "check in" it auto uploads to the profile that I have on there website at foursquare, And what is this all about and what for anyway! I cannot find any information for it's purpose??? help

A. What is the purpose?
The "purpose" is just to let your friends know what you're up to. Its like Twitter or Facebook, just more location-specific. You can earn different "badges" for checking in at different places ("venues"). Also, when you are the person who has checked in the most at a venue over the past 60 days, you become the "mayor." Some business even reward their mayors (or just frequent visitors) with specials or coupons and stuff. A gym in my area is currently offering a massage or personal training session to people who check in a bunch of times this month (not sure what the # is).

What does it use on your phone?
To get your location, it uses your gps if you have it turned on. If your GPS is off, it gets a more general location just from your cell signal. This will sometimes say that you are too far away from a venue though, because its not as accurate as GPS. The app will also use your phones internet to show you places (venues) around you (you can also search for venues) and to post the checkin data to wherever you choose (more details below).

What happens when you check in?
- You can add some text (like a comment) and/or a picture. But you don't have to.
- You choose if you want Foursquare to alert your Foursquare friends
- You choose if you want Foursquare to post the checkin to your Facebook page (you need to first link them in the settings)
- You choose if you want Foursquare to post the checkin to your Twitter feed (you need to first link them in the settings)

That's a quick summary. More details can be found on their website and across various sites on the internet.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment