November 30, 2012

What cell phone carrier has the best unlimited monthly plan for Android phones?

Q. I am shopping for and android phone and I want to know who has the best unlimited plan for around $50/mo. I am looking for unlimited talk, text, web, and data.

A. id say sprint but i have verizon....droid 2 global 2gb data a month 1400 mins shared with family and unlimeted txt for just 40 dollars for my line


What the different between android gingerbread and honeycomb?
Q. What are the diffent between honeycomb and gingerbread? Cause I want to buy android tablet and there is 2 version android honeycomb and gingerbread..

^ is there anything Like apple jailbreak and download application for free on android.

A. Gingerbread is a smartphone OS, designed for smartphone, there are tablets like galaxy which have gingerbread but those are like smartphones OS with bigger screen.

Where as Honeycomb is designed for Tablets with multiple views and some good changes in native apps wich makes it ideal for Tablets

Few months down the line there will be icecream sandwitch Android OS, which will be a merger or gingerbread and honeycomb


How do I put contacts from my computer onto my android phone?
Q. I lost all my contacts on my android phone and I want to put them in a program on my computer and then sync them to my HTC phone? Can anyone help?

A. Android is tied directly to Google applications. When you logged on to the phone the first time to set it up, you had to use a Google account, remember?

Go to your Google mail account on line, import or update all your contacts, and that's it. They will automatically be synced over the data connection to the phone. Any changes you make on the phone or the online account will sync with the other automatically.

This also occurs with Google mail and calendars.


What android GPS app would be good to use for Geocaching?
Q. I have just joined the Geocaching website. I have a samsung captivate android 2.2 firmware version. I need to know of applications that have a gps that allows you to type in the coordinates numbers, that allow you to play the game. Any suggestions on an easy use app?
Thanks in Advance.

A. First of all, when you say "the Geocaching website" I'm going to assume you mean Geocaching.com...

The official Geocaching app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.groundspeak.geocaching seems to be the best one out there, but it costs $10.

I use "c:geo - opensource" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cgeo.geocaching and it works reasonably well, but sometimes the caches don't show up in the exact right spot on the map... but when that happens at least it shows you that the location may be off (circles it in orange). And there's also a workaround for the issue, so it's not that big of a deal. Bottom line: this app will be fine if you want to save money, but if you don't mind the $10, the official app is better.

The OpenCaching app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garmin.android.apps.opencache looks pretty good, but it's only for OpenCaching.com





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment